Mother’s Day Brunch Tips
The best gift for mother’s day is a homemade brunch. No matter what you are going to cook for, you know that she will love it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and our moms are always the most important people in our lives.
Here are some tips before you start:
- Avoid dietary restrictions and food allergies before design the menu.
- Prepare some brunch cocktails to share with your mom.
- Don’t forget to get some flowers for your dear mom.
It is still not too late to get your mom surprised, here are some best-selected recipes for a quick and easy special brunch.
Strawberry CrispCourse: BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This gluten-free strawberry crisp has a mix of walnuts, almonds, pecans. The flavors and texture of the taste stand out with only nuts on top of it. You could add some honey to make it sweeter or a tablespoon of frozen yogurt on top to get a smooth taste. It is an excellent choice for a mother’s day brunch.
- For the filling
5 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
- For the topping
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Oven preheat to 350F and spray container with oil.
- Combine the strawberries, honey and orange juice in a large bowl, sprinkle with cornstarch and toss until fruit is covered.
- Transfer to the container.
- Mix the remaining nut topping ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the top is golden and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve warm, with 1 tablespoon of ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.