Egg fried rice was the most eaten food when I was a kid. At that time, I thought my mom’s egg fried rice was the most delicious breakfast in the world. There were times I didn’t wake up in the morning, but as soon as I sniffed the smell of it, I would get out of bed immediately.
Egg Fried RiceCourse: Brunch, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Beginner
Egg fried rice is fried with more ingredients than rice now, but what we share here today is the purest and most original egg fried rice.
1 green onion
4 cups of cold cooked rice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 tbsp oil (for stir-frying, or as needed)
1-2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Wash and finely chop the green onion. Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add two tablespoons of oil. After the oil is hot, add the eggs and stir until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Remove the fried eggs on a plate and clean out the wok.
- Cut the sausages into grains and fried.
- Add two tablespoons of oil and fry the rice. Stir-fry for a few minutes, using chopsticks or a wooden spoon to break it apart. Stir in the soy sauce or oyster sauce as desired.
- When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the green onion and serve hot.
- This is a quick recipe, don’t fry the ingredients for too long to maintain flavor.