Slow cooker braised chicken thighs recipe is a good start for learning to cook Chinese dishes. As you explore Chinese recipes, you will notice that soy sauce is a general ingredient. You can find it at almost any local market that dedicates to Asian foods.
Slow Cooker Braised Chicken ThighsCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Chinese
This easy, savory dish is perfect for busy weeknights.
2 chicken thighs
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 serrano pepper
- Sauces and Seasonings
2 dried chillies
2 star anise
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp rock sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Chop chicken thighs, cut the green and red peppers, and slice the gingers.
- Boil water in the pot and put the chicken thighs in for 30 seconds, then remove them.
- Heat oil in the pan. Put ginger slices and dry chilies in, stir-fry until fragrant. Pour chicken thighs in, add soy sauce, dark soy sauce, cooking wine, rock sugar, and star anise with 3 cups of water. Simmer for 20 minutes after water boiling.
- Add the red and green peppers, serrano peppers, and stir-fry with salt and black peppers. Continue simmering for another 10 minutes. The delicious homemade braised chicken thighs are ready to serve.
- You could try to replace the 3 cups of water with beer to simmer.
- Don’t add too much dark soy sauce, or it will look terrible.
- Dark soy sauce can be replaced with oyster sauce.